If you are one of those who dont know what this is, here is a short bio about this.
Aman Ki Asha : The Indo-Pak Peace project is an initiative by TOI and another Pak newspaper to connect the people of the two countries and make way for better relations.
The two leading media houses of India and Pakistan – The Times of India and the Jang Group – have come together to develop a stronger Track 2 in the diplomatic and cultural relations between India and Pakistan. “Aman ki Asha: Destination Peace” looks beyond the confines of a 62-year-old political boundary to the primal bonds that tie together the two peoples.
The reaction to this has been mixed. While a lot of people have hailed this initiative, but some have been opposing it ( Check out a search on twitter ) coz they feel that talking with a hard ass like Pak is not going to solve the problem but only going to lead to another war, like it has happened historically.
Although, I do agree that it is a campaign by Times of India and Times of India has been involved in a lot of scams involving in selling their views on issues.I personally feel that its an amazing thing. And here is why I think so:
- We hate war: Hey lets admit it, we all hate war. War never does any good to anyone.
- We hate Hatred: Has it ever done us any good except giving us more wars
- We love each other: I have always believed that nobody is born bad. If we all are good inside then why not spend the energy in bringing our goodness outside rather than promoting hatred.
- We are not appeasing Pak: This is not about begging for peace. we are just asking the people on both sides of the border to think rationally and get a life.
- It is time we understand that their are a lot of things life that are more important that just fighting our neighbors.
India as a nation is looking at being a superpower power, it is time we start acting as one. How does it matter if a small country on our border hates us. Let them. I think we are strong enough to protect ourselves on our own. We are not begging Pak to stop their stupid terrorism through this initiative. We are just clearing our stand that we are not a small minded nation like Pak whose existence is based on hatred against India. It is time we take a step forward, as the big brother and reach out to the people of the other side.
Lets not act like kids quarreling over a toy, lets speak up for change, peace, prosperity and brotherhood between the two brother countries.
It is time that we reach out to the people who share the same blood as ours but still are different coz of sick politics of religion. It is time we realise that new countries can be created at the stroke of midnight but culture, heritage and languages grow over centuries.
What do you think about this? Is it good for us? or its just calling for another Kargil? Whatever be your thought, do leave your comments.